CRCS is excited to announce a great PSEO alternative for junior and seniors! While Minnesota PSEO provides a no-cost opportunity for students to get dual credit for classes, several challenges remain. First, community colleges typically do not teach from a Christian worldview and the environment is not Christian. Knowing that parents sacrifice financially to invest in a Christian grade-school education for their children, we believe that it is important that families continue to be committed to Christian college education, even if there is some cost involved. Second, universities such as the University of Minnesota are beginning to accept fewer PSEO classes. CRCS offers a great solution to this problem.
We are excited to partner with Maranatha Baptist University (MBU) in Watertown, Wisconsin to offer dual-credit courses. Maranatha is a conservative, Christian university with a sound theology and passion for training young people to serve God with their lives. Maranatha is also a regionally accredited university, meaning that their classes will be accepted by other universities. In the fall of 2016, CRCS will begin to allow high school juniors and seniors to take online classes through Maranatha which will provide both university credit and high school credit!
Here are some fast facts about this program:
• For high school Juniors and Seniors
• Allows the completion of the entire first year of most college majors entirely in high school.
• Allows the completion of a two-year college degree entirely online.
• MBU cost is half of that for regular tuition, plus room and board is saved by completing a whole year in advance.
• MBU cost is approximately $600 per three-credit course after the discounts.
• CRCS is discounting CRCS tuition to make the cost even less than $600! A $50 credit per credit hour passed, will be given off of yearly CRCS tuition, once the class is successfully completed.
• CRCS would provide oversight of the class while taken during the school day.
For more information visit: